Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ALL THINGS FLAVORFUL!

Last night our ward had the Relief Society Birthday Social and I was to bring:
 Sausage Potato Soup!
Give it a whirl and try it one night this week. It is easy to make and super tasty. Although the recipe was given to me by a lady in the ward, I did change things up a bit just it make it more mine. For instance, I added some red pepper flakes, a pinch of garlic, 2 kinds of onions, some flour and more potatoes etc., but here is the original recipe...

some of what you'll need
onions. carrots. potatoes.
chopped spinach
almost the end of the soup. i forgot to take a pic of the final but this is close.

SAUSAGE POTATO SOUP!
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots1 quart boiling water with 1 cube chicken bouillon 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning1 teaspoon saltdash pepper1 bay leaf2 1/2 cups diced potatoes1 1/2 - 2 cups mild italian sausage1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese2 tablespoons grated romano cheese1 can evaporated milk1 cup frozen peas

To the boiling water with chicken cube, add onion and carrots. Cook for about 10 minutes then add potatoes and seasonings. Cook vegetables until soft. Fry sausage in separate pan, drain excess oil and mix with soup. Add cheeses, evaporated milk and peas. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add spinach leaves last. 
*if you want thinner soup just add water, but i like mine thicker so I added flour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment