Wednesday, February 23, 2011

S T A T I S T I C S


Sad as it is, it definitely happened and it is definitely true.
(i know this is long, but it is worth the read. I promise)
OK, so hold on to you belly (laughing uncontrollably makes it more fun when you hold your belly like Santa) and cover your mouth (partly for the gasp effect and partly for the burst-out-loud noise it will make when reading this post), because this story is funny! Slightly embarrassing actually! But still funny!

Last night our ward was to do sealings at the Draper Temple at 7. Sweets called me at 6:20 saying he was running late from work and would need to meet me there. I quickly finished getting ready, fed Tahoe, grabbed both our bags and hopped in the car.  

MISTAKE 1- I was running frantically to get out the door and to get there on time thus elevating my anxiety levels...

Just as I was coming around the corner to the temple entrance, Sweets calls me in a panic and asks if I somehow remembered to bring his pants that were hanging in the laundry room and NOT neatly folded in his temple bag. (How was I supposed to know.) My response was no. He called the temple super quick and they mentioned that had an emergency pair for him.

MISTAKE 2- I felt responsible and felt the need to fix the problem so in the mean time of his calling I was worrying about whether or not I should go back to the house and get the pants, and if I did go back, would I make it back again to the temple in time. Furthermore, this caused a heightened anxiety level which further depleted the only remaining sugar I had left in my body.  

So basically, you see where this is going. Sweets borrows an emergency pair of pants from the temple, we get dressed and start the sealing. There were a few peeps there so it was long, or at least it felt long to me. When it was our turn, Sweets made a comment of how he passed out last time to the room so we were to be on guard. As funny as that was, I looked at him and said I may be the one passing out! A few minutes later, literally about 2 minutes later, I PASSED OUT!!! I couldn't even believe it. I was overcome with sweat and heat and turned ghostly white. Before I new it I was hunched over still holding Sweets hand so I wouldn't fall backwards on the floor. He carried me to the side and a lady went and grabbed me some apple juice. While I was regaining consciousness, still shaking, she was pressure pointing my hands trying to get my blood flowing faster.

MISTAKE 3- I was a little depressed about the way my eating and dieting has gone lately that I decided to go back on the 5 day 5 ingredient challenge. So, not having too much food in my system, and still managing to exercise running 2 hours earlier, I was not adequately prepared with food for the temple. 

Once I felt better, they started back up with a new couple and believe it or not, SHE PASSED OUT!!! In the same exact spot and at the same time mind you! The room was halted again and laughter started breaking through the silence. She was carried back to the chairs and drank her apple juice. At that moment, I whispered to Sweets that it was time to go and that I needed to get some food. We broke away from the group and headed down the stairs. As I was leaving I saw the Sister who passed out after I did and she mentioned to me, "I don't know if it was not getting enough sleep, or not eating enough that made me pass out, but that has never happened before. Maybe it was watching you pass out that made me pass out"! I couldn't believe that I was, in a round about way, a potential cause of her passing out. I honestly couldn't help but chuckle at how random this all was.

MISTAKE 4- Apparently I am just so dang awesome and amazing that all people want to be like me! I never should have been a 'leader' last night and maybe then the domino effect might not have taken place. I sure hope whoever the couple was trying to get married actually did get married, because I sure as heck don't want to be yelled at on the other side! (J/K)

So you see, I became another STATISTIC last night at the Draper Temple last night!  

2 comments:

  1. You know that if I were their i would be laughing, cause that's what I do when something awful happens. But I am sorry that you passed out. Maybe next time it won't happen again! Xoxo SHF

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I wish I would have been there to see it. I would have probably passed out too. I almost did the last time we did sealings. I think they had to stop because I could feel it coming on. so did you move into your new place?

    ReplyDelete