The Tour de France started July 2nd and ended July 24th. It is a crazy-awesome bike race consisting of 22 teams and 198 riders pedaling about 2,143 miles with only 2 rest days!
HOLY CRAPOLA!
They bike in rain and shine!
I mean, it is seriously INSANE!
For the past few weeks this tour has been on our TV constantly. Every morning before work we would turn it on and every night before bed we would turn it on. There wasn't much else that we watched or did besides the "Tour". It is always exciting to see the cyclists and their teams bike hundreds of miles in a day, day after day, to win the race around France. There were some pretty nasty falls this year that took out some cyclists, and then there were some pretty awesome stage wins!
I am totally unsure about this year's outcome of Tour de France!
Although I don't really mind Cadel Evans, winner in yellow, I much would have preferred Andy or Frank Schlek, the brothers who took second and third. However, anyone that beats Contador, a not so friendly cyclist or person, is a winner in my book! Overall it was another great race and I can't wait for it to start again next year!




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI too am a Schlek fan but I share the same blood (not literally) as Cadel. You see, he's a former mountain bike racer. A world champion to be exact. I've lined up with him at national mountain bike races before and even though I never stood a chance... We still road the dirt together. There's no doubt that Cadel deserves this win. It's been a long time coming. I can't imagine though, a better looking podium with super cool dudes. Let's hope it stays this way over the next few years. Viva le Tour!
ReplyDelete