Thursday, July 21, 2011

IT IS ONLY A GAME, FOCKER!

This is what I told Sweets after he beat a tree trunk with his pitching wedge while mumbling profanities under his breath during his horrible round of golf!

The Story:
We had to head up to Morgan for some Church business last week and we decided we would make some good use out of the long drive. Yes, it is a long drive from where we reside! We packed the car with our golf clubs and hit up the course only playing 9 holes due to the lack of sunlight and our obligations to get home to our 2 boys. After the much proclaimed 'game of his life' a week prior at the Gardner Reunion scoring in the upper 80's, Sweets was quickly humbled on the 1st hole...and the 2nd hole...and the 3rd hole...and so on until the 8th hole! Now, I am not just talking about 1 or 2 duffs, but rather scores like 8 and 9 and then refusing to count strokes because the numbers went to high. A few lost balls or sunken balls in the pond later Sweets finally managed to pull it together at the end of the 8th and for the 9th hole. Better late than never I guess.
I on the other hand, had the most amazing golf game! I scored 3 pars (and they were legit) and the rest of my strokes were 1-2 over. I loved it. I felt horrible about Sweets, but I felt even better knowing that once again I BEAT him!
The valley was beautiful in Morgan and the rivers were flowing so high. They were over flowing into the streets in some areas.



It was a wonderful night of golf and scenery with my Sweets!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment