Wednesday, May 11, 2011

THE SPECIAL DAY

tulip festival  
I am totally lame, I know, but I didn't take any pics of this year's Mother's Day! However, pictures or no pictures, it did not detract from the special day that we got to share with our wonderful mother's. 

First, my Mother decided to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday, so we headed over to my bro Christians' house and we BBQ'd it up big time with steaks, bratwursts, cheeseburgers and salmon! Plus we had the additives of yumminess such as salads, veggies, fruit, chips and dip and you mustn't forget the amazing strawberry shortcake al a mode for dessert. So, while the adults ooh and ahhed over the cute little baby girl addition from my bro Andrew (and I mean the parentals), the children (rest of us) played dynamite on the basketball court, dodgeball and street hockey. It was so fun! 

Secondly, we spent Mother's Day evening at the I.L.'s celebrating Mother's Day with the fam. It was great to see some of the extended family there from 'that place down south' and the Gma/Gpa duo! We celebrated with scrumptious desserts consisting of ice cream, strawberries, brownies and cookies while playing Settlers of Catan! Unfortunately, yours truly didn't win, but I am glad that my SIL took the victory over the boys. 

We are so blessed to have such amazing Mother's and women in our lives. Each one of them (Aunts, Sisters, Grandmothers etc.) have touched our lives in so many special ways. We appreciate the love, sacrifice, selflessness and patience that our Mother's have expressed to us and feel very fortunate to call them Mother's! They exemplify the best relationship of friendship and we certainly are the luckiest kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment