Thursday, April 21, 2011

WHAT COLOR IS YOUR FOOD?

Ever since I was a little girl, my mother taught me to eat by color. She taught me that certain colors would benefit my body in different ways and that I needed to make sure that I had a "colorful" plate of food so that I would grow up to be healthy and strong. For example, carrots will help my eyes to see clearly, strawberries will help my hair grow red (which it clearly did :)) and lettuce would help my bum tissues so I wouldn't have poochin problems. The lengths that parents will go to make thier kids eat healthy and the suckers that children are...too funny!
 All of the meals that my mom made for us were indeed just that. Very Colorful! I always hated eating the food because I didn't want to disturb the beautiful rainbow of food, but then I would catch a sniff of the most delish meal and chow down. My mother is by far the best cook that I know...and that's the truth. I believe part of cooking a great meal is the passion behind the cook, and my mother has it! 
As I have been learning the art and passion of cooking over the past few years, I have tried to implement this same knowledge. I try to make all my meals colorful from the appetizer to the dessert. Secretly if I can't find foods that are a yummy complimentary color I will just add coordinating spices instead. No one ever knows this or pays attention but mentally I feel the meal is complete. 
I have officially decided, with a smidgen of fine-tuning, this years Easter Feast. It should be (I hope) a very colorful dinner for all to enjoy!    

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! What a fun way to think of food. I wish I could get even a little bit of your passion for cooking!

    ReplyDelete