Wednesday, June 16, 2010

children...

"Mom, Dad? Can I sleep with you tonight? I am really scared" said the look on Tahoe's face last night as we were heading to sleep!
"The thunder is really loud and the lighting makes me shake" again said the look and body position of our little child/dog!
So, instead of waiting for a response, Tahoe runs into our room and jumps on our bed. He lays there looking up at me with his eyes only, not moving his head, hoping for approval. I wait patiently for Weston to come to bed and he sees Tahoe sprawled out on the bed and starts laughing saying "Did you encourage this?"
(Mind you, Tahoe is not allowed in our room, let alone on our bed! EVER!)
I quickly said "NO" and with that Weston motioned for the poor scared puppy to get off the bed.
Tahoe is a great listener and does what we ask with no hesitation, but this time he didn't budge but stared at the ground in shame and embarrassment.
(I secretly think that he was hoping to be invisible)
Needless to say, Tahoe slept with us on our bed last night as the Thunder shook our house all night! Besides, how can you resist such a sweet face?
We joked about how all too real this will be when we have kids!



1 comment:

  1. Ya, Kashi (our first baby/dog) was never supposed to sleep on our bed either... then came the miscarriage and he was the only thing that stayed by my side for weeks on end... now he sleeps with us every single night. DOGS ARE THE BEST. And just wait till your baby loves your dog as much as you do... and vice a versa.

    ReplyDelete