Monday, December 20, 2010

AFFINITY FOR ELF CULTURE




Last night was the Arnell family Christmas Party and we were the hosts! Every year there is a new Christmas theme to celebrate so we chose our favorite Christmas movie, Elf! It was so much fun decorating, baking, cooking, organizing, and planning this party. Weston did a fabulous job hanging snowflakes all over the house.


It wasn't quite like what Buddy did to the Hobbs' house, but it was a good start! We borrowed the kids tables and chairs from my parents house and used them to sit on during dinner. It was fun to squeeze ourselves onto tiny chairs all crammed together for the feast. We ate:


and


to start.
 We had Jovie's Yuletide Punch (cranberry apple sparkling cider) as well to wash down the hors d'ouevres. Then it was on to:


Kringle Caprese salad


and Impostor Santa lasagna (beef and cheese). 
Following dinner, we gathered all around and watched the beloved show laughing and singing along with the amazing soundtrack. For dessert we had:


 (which look a bit scary, but they were tasty. I'll have to fix this one for next time)

and Candy Cane Forest which was really peppermint ice cream with hot fudge! It was a great success and everyone had a fun time. They all got to take home: 

 
 which also included a snow globe of New York City. 
I am so sad that this party has already come and gone. It was SO much fun and I want to do this whole thing over. I tried to correlate ideas from the movie into the evening to make it more 'real'. Thanks Arnell's, you simply are the best IL family anyone could ask for! I am so lucky to be apart of such an amazing and fun family! Merry Christmas!

 

and I love you sweets! Thanks for all your help...

2 comments:

  1. You are the ULTIMATE host! Can you teach me? Your house, the food...YOU are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun, this needs to be a tradition you do every year... and invite me. :)

    ReplyDelete